Friday, July 16, 2010

Zoya Wonderful Fall 2010

I want to start this post by saying, I love you Zoya.  When I first saw swatches of the Zoya Wicked and Wonderful Collections there was no doubt in my mind that Wicked would be my favorite.  But now that I have them in my possession, the incredible Hulk could not RIP the wonderful collection from my cold, dead, perfectly manicured hands. 

I love every single aspect of the wonderful collection except one. So, let's get that ONE thing out of the way. I don't WANT TO MENTION IT, but I have to.  I think it is so incredibly STUPID, among other adjectives, that they named all 12 new wicked and wonderful polishes after the Dancing with the stars "characters" that it makes me ill.  I would almost rather ignore it and act as though it had never happened, pretend that Zoya, my beloved, had never done something so incredibly gay and then stab anyone that reminds me about it as I go along my merry way. But I can't, it's just too dumb to ignore.

Anyhoo, I adore the Wonderful Collection. It's WONDERFUL people! I love every single color, even the "pinks"! Check THIS out; I love them so much that I am not going to do my normal habit of blanketing anything with a red tone in it as "pink" and dismissing it. I know right, It's incredible.  Instead I'm going to call them by the names they actually are, like "Berry" and "Vibrant red". Amazing! Isn't it funny how something even semi unique can break bad habits like that?

Holy Mackerel the formula on these is fantastic.  Not too thick, not too runny. No streaks. No cute drag... no problems whatsoever. They dried quick too! These are not one coat wonders though, the swatches shown are all at 2 quick coats. Not freakin' bad huh?  I will admit some of the colors seemed a little run of the mill until I started painting my nails with them, but then with each color I fell in love more and more. I will wear every single one of these, for more than 5 seconds, seriously! I don't think this has ever happened with a collection before... *swoon*

On to da pictchas.
 A very wearable medium grey creme.  I love this. Do I need to repeat "I love this" after each photo?  Can I just tell you that I love them all and have that be that? No? Fine then. 
A beautiful, deep and rich berry red. I LOVE THIS. 
 This is a very unique looking pink to me.  It almost pissed me off then I realized it's almost impossible to describe. It's not Hot pink, not a berry pink, not really a rosey pink, it's different, and I dig different. In other words, love it!
Holy bright RED batman. I am *so glad* Zoya made this color.  They were seriously lacking on true reds.  This particular red might as well be neon it's so bright and vibrant. I lubs it. 
Another unique color that's hard to pin down. Maybe if you took a milk chocolate covered cherry and tossed it in a blender it would be this color? I also really love this one because it's one of the only brownish type colors I've worn that didn't turn my hands bright red. Bonus.
Oh Zoya.  I love you so much.  You just go ahead and keep making hundreds of pinks if it makes you happy, as long as you keep giving us colors like this once and a while.  Zoya could seriously make nothing but "pink" from now on and I would still love them JUST because they gave us Ibiza and Envy and now I can add this to the list...Shawn.  OMG This green is AWESOME and I LOVE IT. 

Love, MM

6 comments:

  1. These are the best swatches I've seen of this collection so far. Shawn and Kelly are so beautiful! BTW, have you seen Misa's promo picture for their autumn collection? There are some mind-boggling shades there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn looks incredibly good! o.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, all these creamy shades are so pretty! And they look so neat on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this entire collection!! All the colours are just sooo AWESOME (yes, with all caps!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT colors!! There's a couple in that collection I must have. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have a question.... how come when talking about nail polish you spell colors like colours? p.s how much are Zoya nail polishes and where can i find them

    ReplyDelete