Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sparkly

This was my "cheer me up" NOTD today. It kinda worked...I was a good girl and left it on all day long which is about impossible for me to do. I usually have 5 or 6 NOTDs before bedtime rolls around. 
This is China Glaze Heli-yum with lots of tiny little rhinestones I just got in the mail yesterday. I ordered a shit ton of them off ebay last week. I can't wait to try these on black. I love this polish BTW, this is one single coat. 

I just got back from CVS where I returned SH HD LASER. The checkout lady asked me what was wrong with it and I said, "It sucks ass".  She then opened the polish and tested the brush out by swiping it on the rim of the bottle about 15 times. Then she started to peer into the bottle opening to see if it was all used up...So I was like, "the bottle is clear". She continued to strain her eyes looking down into the tiny bottle opening as if she hadn't heard me at all. I let her go about her investigation for at least 5 whole minutes before I lost my cool. 

Loosing my cool consisted of shifting my weight from side to side, making a very mean face, and huffing and puffing REALLY LOUDLY. She eventually gave me back my 6 dollars but She left me with so many questions. Do I really look like some sort of nail polish criminal? Does she think I skulk from CVS to CVS using up nail polishes and returning empty bottles for full refunds? Do I look like the kind of person that runs a nail polish smuggling ring out of my apartment, victimizing drug stores all over the east coast?  Was she really too stupid to realize that nail polish bottles are CLEAR?

While I was at CVS I got 6 of the new confetti polishes that look very promising. I also hit Walgreens while I was out and got some Sinfuls. So, I'll have swatches of those soon.

Love, MM

13 comments:

  1. HOLY MOLY, 5-6 NOTDs?! and people think I'm crazy LOL

    btw, this mani is beautiful. try to keep it for the weekend! I challenge you...

    ha ha ha :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. How does one have 4 to 6 NOTD a day? I wear mine for a week at a time, and still bitch about how long it takes me to strip my nails, and do them up again. Where do you find the time???

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful and elegant!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani is cute - one coat too, brilliant!

    www.beautyandtheblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're hilarious hahahhaha i'm following =]

    cleverandcolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that color! One coat? And I've never seen a picture of you, but yuo probably don't resemble your average nail polish criminal.
    just a guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, LOVE this pink! so gorgeous. I really need to get some china glazes...can you believe I don't have even one! and what a classy way to do some nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a gorgeous color. The little rhinestones look great - simple, pretty. I'm glad you got your money back! Sucks that the customer service person gave you kind of a hard time, but I imagine she sees all sorts of people who are trying to pull one over on CVS. Can't wait to see you new polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I would have been annoyed too. Like she is personally going to lose any money by you returning a polish. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can never take my polish off daily. It's too much of a hassle for me. I keep my polish on for at least 2-3 days or shorter if it chips.
    o.o
    Stupid counter lady. At least she finally gave you your money back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the rhinestones (and their fab placement) on this mani.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I almost choked when I read you change it 5-6 times. I thought I was bad with sometimes only wearing it for two days. Seriously though, you did not say It sucks ass did you? You got more balls than me if you did, haha.

    ReplyDelete