Thursday, September 16, 2010

Essie Fall 2010

This has got to be one of the best Essie collections ever. I love every color except one, which is pretty rare for an Essie collection. Out of the 6 colors released I purchased 5 of them, and I am very glad that I did! I skipped "little brown dress" from this collection because frankly it just looks "meh" to me and I am positive I will never ever wear it. 

For some reason the Essie promo pictures as well as the pictures on the e-tailers websites of this collection are extremely inaccurate.  I was a little shocked at how different the colors were compared to the promo pictures when I received them, but at least it was a pleasant surprise.
A lovely soft mauvish pink. Very nice.
Muted grey with a hint of purple. 
Smokey fern green with subtle shimmer. Dupe alert for Rescue beauty lounge Diddy Mow. I personally think the shimmer is a little less subtle in Sew Psyched than it is in Diddy Mow, but I haven't compared them side by side yet.
WHAM! A Bad ass red that blows my MIND. This is by FAR my favorite from this collection and also my favorite red to come along in ages! 
Deep purple with very strong red undertones.

The formula on these was fabulous. They are all 2 coaters with the exception of "limited addiction" which needs 3 to be totally opaque, although I pictured it at 2 coats. They all went on very smooth and weren't runny or drippy. Dry time was also decent for Essie.

Love, MM

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they're pretty! I can't wait that they're available in our country...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing swatches! I must have them all now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno, they're pretty and I love your swatches...but I feel like they've all been done before. Either by Color Club or RBL. would love to see them side by side with their possible twins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing swatches of Limited Addiction makes me giddy. I need it!!

    PS. I'm so glad you're back! I started following you when you were MIA cause your posts are hilarious!

    Janna

    ReplyDelete